- Enhance cycling race opportunities in the Region of Waterloo by providing participants with well organized, professional and safe cycling race events that encourage fair, clean sport competition for all levels of cyclists from racers to recreational participants.
- Enrich the lives of participants through well organized events with exceptional value.
- Encourage an active, healthy lifestyle by promoting the use of bicycles in the Region of Waterloo thus reducing CO2 emmisions.
- Promote cycling tourism in the Region of Waterloo and encourage cyclists from out of town to stay and discover all the Region has to offer.
- Actively encourage the building and further enhancements of cycling infrastructure in the Region of Waterloo from cycling lanes to cycling trails both in the urban and rural areas of the region.
- Educate drivers on the importance of Sharing the Road with cyclists indirectly through the organization of cycling race events.
Sustainable Waterloo is a not-for-profit that advances the environmental sustainability of organizations across Waterloo Region through collaboration. The current work of Sustainable Waterloo Region is centered on the Regional Carbon Initiative, which supports voluntary target-setting and reductions of carbon emissions in organizations across Waterloo Region. More information is available at www.sustainablewaterlooregion.ca
Communitech is a not-for-profit organization that supports technology companies in Waterloo Region and promotes the area as a technology cluster. Their programs and events connect professionals, share ideas, and strengthen companies. More information is available at www.communitech.ca.